Friday 2 January 2015

Bengaluru dairies - 1

"Bengaluru - what a rocking city",  a dialogue by Dulquar Salman in the movie "Bangalore Days". Yes, it is true. Everyone who visits Bengaluru tells the same. Bengaluru is fourth largest metropolitan city in India. It is also known as "Silicon Valley of India" as it is one of the leading IT exporter. It is known for beautiful gardens and pleasant climate throughout the year.

I took a bus to Bengaluru from my hometown Kadapa. It was around 6.15 when the bus entered the Bengaluru city. It was a pleasant winter morning. I loved watching Bengaluru's high buildings and beautifully built shopping malls from my window. At 7 in the morning bus entered Majestic. Majestic is one of the most crowded places in Bengaluru. Then I boarded a BMTC bus from Majestic to Mekhri circle. On the way I had a glimpse of Palace Guttahalli and Palace grounds. Though it was 7.30 in the morning, traffic was really horrible. To travel 6 kms it took around 30 min. 



The purpose of my visit was to greet my Pinni (aunt) and her new born baby boy. On my very first day in Bengaluru I visited BBH ( Bengaluru Baptist Hospital) where my pinni was admitted. The feeling was really amazing when i took my lil cousin into my hands. He was joyful and cheerful, I kept playing with him for so long. After I came back from hospital, my two baby cousins Manu and Sindhu took me to "Mantri Square". It is one of the biggest malls in Bengaluru, we did some shopping there. After shopping we went to amoeba where we spent Rs. 200 and we won a doll worth Rs. 20 yeah that's a big achievement. The next notable thing is Scary house not so scary but children will enjoy it. Mantri square really has a big food court with around 35+ food and beverages outlets. Pizza Hut was our next target, we rushed into it and I had my favorite farm hut. Manu also had pizza with me and Sindhu had her Italian cheese pasta. 

Sindhu and I

Manu enjoying herself
We returned home, and started planning for the next day. My first day in Bengaluru successfully came to an end.



- Sudhanvi Vellala


No comments:

Post a Comment