Tuesday 3 February 2015

"SHOCK"

The idiom which drags my attention towards cross-culture is “walk a mile in someone else’s shoes”, where it replicates our personality in other’s practice.  This topic was really amazing as I am from Andhra Pradesh (South India) staying almost 1500kms away from home in Gwalior for doing my Master’s, studying a subject like cross-culture management, being experiencing and trying to manage it everywhere it  makes me write a few of my amazing as well as disgusting experiences.
Being in India, knowing the script, passed out with 82/100 marks in national language (Hindi) at board exams, ends up not knowing how to speak and communicate, not even knowing difference in calling thin guys as PATHLI which makes everyone to laugh at me which in turn made mockery of mine and not the thin guys, was really embarrassing. Yet many sympathetically soothing words from friends, it’s ok suru, vellala, archita, sai, many nick names from fellow friends as my name is VELLALA SURARCHITA SAI.  
Nevertheless, feeling sick of eating roti’s, potato in every dish, samosa, paav baji and thinking of mouthwatering Dosa, Idly sambar, comes to mind a sought of realization of having a wonderful mother who cooks delicious as i always use to demand her to cook well.
As per the tradition even from childhood we south Indian girls used to put bindhi or tilak everyday which generally replicates a signature of Hinduism, but here in north India the girls used occasionally only for festivals, functions and even some put after marriage which gave me a cultural blow. And Now that I’ve got a good reason to not put bindhi and an excuse to tell my mother that’ mom, chill the environment where I am now is totally different, and I got synced in it.’




SURARCHITA SAI

No comments:

Post a Comment